Q1 2021: A Historic Quarter of Growth for Keller Williams
First-quarter numbers are in and, once again, Keller Williams associates have achieved significant growth and technology milestones, while topping franchise and culture rankings.
“Q1 ’21 marks our third successive quarter of historic growth for Keller Williams,” said Carl Liebert, CEO of kwx, the holding company of KW. “We kicked off 2021 by breaking our production records again.”
“Our continued remarkable pace is due to the strong dedication and commitment of our agents to serve their clients at the highest levels in the midst of a hypercompetitive housing market,” said Liebert.
Home to 180,376 agents (as of March 31), Keller Williams is the world’s largest real estate franchise by agent count and U.S. leader in units and volume. In Q1 ’21 alone, KW added 3,909 net agents across the U.S. and worldwide regions.
“At Keller Williams, we remain committed to providing agents with the best culture, training, coaching and technology to continue to outpace the market of the moment,” said Marc King, president, Keller Williams. “We believe our results speak best on those efforts.”
Quarter after quarter, KW agents solidify their No. 1 top franchise stance, outpacing the industry and revealing what’s possible with a winning mindset and uncompromising focus on those they serve.
United States and Canada (production in Q1 ’21)
- As of March 31, agents closed 272,688 transactions, up 21.3% over Q1 ’20.
- Agents closed $98.1 billion in sales volume, up 39.7% over Q1 ’20.
- Agents took 162,084 new listings (new market inventory), down 4.6% over Q1 ’20.
- Agents wrote 319,203 contracts (projected closings), up 16.1% over Q1 ’20.
- Contracts written volume was $116.6 billion, up 35.1% over Q1 ’20.
“According to the National Association of REALTORS® closed transactions across the U.S. were up 13.9% and sales volume was up 27.6% over Q1 ’20,” said Jason Abrams, head of industry, kwx. “Our agents have once again substantially outperformed our industry on those metrics.”
Keller Williams Worldwide Momentum (production outside the U.S. and Canada in Q1 ’21)
- As of March 31, agent count outside the U.S. and Canada was 12,912, up 23.1% from Q1 ’20.
- Agents closed 13,088 transactions in Q1 ’21, up 58.7% over Q1 ’20.
- Agents closed $2.5 billion in sales volume, up 100.0% from Q1 ’20.
- Agents took 27,407 new listings (new market inventory), up 21.8% over Q1 ’20.
- Agents wrote 16,209 contracts (projected closings), up 51.0% over Q1 ’20.
- Contracts written volume was $2.4 billion, up 100.9% over Q1 ’20.
Outside of the U.S. and Canada, KWW’s regions include: Albania; Argentina; Aruba; Belgium; Belize; Bermuda; Cambodia; Chile; Colombia; Costa Rica; Czech Republic; Dominican Republic; Dubai, UAE; France; Greater Shanghai, China; Greece; Honduras; Indonesia; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Jamaica; Japan; Luxembourg; Malaysia; Mexico; Monaco; Mongolia; Morocco; Nicaragua; Northern Cyprus; Panama; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Poland; Portugal; Puerto Rico; Romania; Serbia; Slovenia; Southern Africa; Southern Cyprus; Spain; Thailand; Trinidad and Tobago; Turkey; Turks and Caicos; United Kingdom; Uruguay; and Vietnam.
In Q1 2021, agents leaned into KW technology to elevate their businesses, gather quality leads, and generate strong referrals.
- Command, a smart CRM-plus solution, now has 158,326 yearly active users, as of March 31; up 24.8% over Q1 ’20.
- In Q1 ’21, 19,101 live referrals were sent within the Keller Cloud, representing $5.7 billion in sales volume; up by 26.3% from Q1 ’20 end.
- As of March 31, through Campaigns, agents generated a cumulative 564,911 leads across Facebook (547,960) and Instagram (16,951) alone; up by 112.7% from Q1 ’20 end.
- As of March 31, average cost per lead (ACPL) for KW agents inside Command was $2.24 in the U.S. and Canada across social media platforms. ACPL for Facebook was $2.17.
- As of the end of Q1 ’21, agents had added a cumulative 69.7 million contacts in Command since launch in 2019, up by 39.8% from Q1 ’20 end.
- As of March 31, agents have run a cumulative 42,536,074 SmartPlans, the automated marketing and task management app with Command, since launch. SmartPlans in flight represent a fourfold increase since the end of Q1 ’20.
“We are relentlessly focused on developing those capabilities that deliver in the moments that matter most to agents and their clients with uncompromising standards for quality, performance and experience,” said Chris Cox, chief technology and digital officer, kwx.
“We will continue to develop experiences guided by human-centered design practices and build a firm foundation for ongoing innovation,” said Cox.
Built on a foundation of care and shared abundance, Keller Williams continues to stand out as a top workplace with award-winning culture. In Q1 2021, the company was recognized among the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and America’s Best Employers 2021 by Forbes.
- KW agents received $35.6 million in profit share in Q1, totaling $1.57 billion in lifetime value.
- In January, Swanepoel ranked Gary Keller the no. 2 most powerful person in residential real estate on the 2021 Swanepoel Power 200.
- In January, Entrepreneur Magazine ranked KW no. 107 in its ranking of the top 500 franchises.
- In February, Franchise Business Review ranked KW as 2021 Top Franchise.
- In March, five young Keller Williams professionals joined the 21st anniversary class of REALTOR® Magazine’s “30 Under 30.”